Our client is a world leader in serving the scientific comminuty globally with the largest investment in R&D in the industry. They are seeking an Account Manager (Chromatography) to be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. The Account Manager in Chromatography Sales will ensure delivery of targets by selling Chromatography product portfolio as specified; HPLC, Gas Chromatography, Ion Chromatography and Software to both the private and public sectors. Remote field based role covering Dublin and Southern Ireland. The position holder will need to interface with all members of sales, support and service groups within Chromatography. In addition support cross-selling activities with other sales & divisions. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
• Chromatography Sales: Responsible for identifying prospective buyers of our clients Chromatography products and services within the defined geographical region. This activity will require a high level of business development seeking out new accounts within your defined territory as well as servicing of existing accounts.
• Expand market share for our clients Chromatography Product Portfolio, HPLC, Gas Chromatography, Ion Chromatography & Software packages. High End Instrument sales.
• To negotiate contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and supports all procurement processes.
• Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database.
• Provide accurate timely monthly sales forecasts to sales management
• Be able to clearly identify and interpret customer’s requirements, shape and align their requirements to our clients capabilities and apply our clients solutions to the customer’s needs and effectively communicate these to customers.
• Exchange Account Information and Sales Leads within and across our clients Scientific commercial divisions
• Attend and support technical and business presentations, when required, trade shows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events.
• When required, assist in the yearly planning of the future financial performance of the Company by providing insight into the prospects for growth in your own territory.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with your immediate colleagues in the Sales and Service groups as well as with colleagues to ensure at all times a high level of customer satisfaction with our products and services.
• Consistently achieve or exceed order bookings objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
• Consistently meet assigned KPI’s as set by sales management in the driving of commercial activities in region.
• Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline preferably with a strong sales or technical background in Chromatography
• Relevant experience in a sales or marketing environment be it capital analytical equipment sales/marketing or a consumables environment. Alternatively a candidate with no sales experience but someone with a strong commercial awareness and a good knowledge of Chromatography would be considered.
• A broad familiarity of the following industries: Pharmaceutical, CRO, Environmental, Food/Flavours, Clinical, Toxicology, Forensics, and Chemical Industry.
• Ability to identify new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
• Motivation and desire to be successful with a “can do” approach
• Ability to learn and assimilate new information with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Personable phone manner
• Maintain a professional appearance
• Must be a team player with ability to interface across internal and external complex matrix organizations
• The position requires the ability to travel within your defined geographical area and on occasions to facilities across Europe
• Ability to travel
• Hold a valid Driving license
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256