Analytical Scientist, Biopharma
Our client based in Athlone is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services.
• Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and /or biological matrices for stability and analytical testing.
• Works with multiple functional groups to meet business needs.
• Reviews and compiles results from work assignments and makes initial determination on acceptance per SOP acceptance criteria.
• Plans and organizes work with periodic supervision.
• Sets up and maintains analytical instrumentation.
• Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
• Ensures QA findings are addressed appropriately.
• Provides assistance and training to other team members.
• Problem solving, either independently or with assistance pertaining to extraction and/or instrumentation problems.
• Communicates project status to project leader.
• Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
Experience and Qualifications
• B.S./B.A. in Biotechnology/Bio Chemistry or related field with of 2 years’ experience in analytical testing laboratory.
• Associates degree in laboratory science with 6 years of hands on laboratory experience.
• Non-degreed with 8 years of hands on Pharmaceutical laboratory experience.
• Or equivalent years’ experience in lieu of education
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of multiple applicable techniques such as: HPLC, GC, MS, Dissolution Testing, Inhalation Testing (Cascade Impaction, Dose delivery, Particle Size
• analysis), Biopharmaceutical Testing, Karl Fischer, UV-Vis, FT-IR, TOC
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Proven ability to interpret data by performing trend analysis
• Proven ability in technical writing skills
• Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
• Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
• Good written and oral communication skills
Clodagh Nerney | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9254