We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award-winning Pharmaceutical organization based in Cork. This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
The team is actively involved in the development, transfer and validation of analytical methods supporting the clinical product lifecycle across the various therapeutic areas - immunology, oncology, cardiovascular, gene therapy, neuroscience and infectious diseases.
The characterisation group is responsible for all mass spectrometry, AUC, DLS technologies.
• Operate various biophysical instruments including CD, DSC, AUC, DLS and SEC-MALS, etc.
• Work closely with colleagues to characterize the impact of post translational modifications on protein higher order structures.
• Perform analytical testing for the Characterisation Team in BTDS AD Cork in line with the above-mentioned techniques including all peripheral activities (i.e., solution prep)
• Perform data review, interpretation, and trending of Characterisation data
• Contribute to proper use, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory equipment where applicable.
• Keep up to date with existing and new SOP’s and official documentation.
• Independently write/revise SOP’s or other official documentation and reports, when required.
• Participate/Lead in Laboratory investigations as applicable
• Escalation of Laboratory issues to team lead in a timely fashion
• Perform other duties as designated by Team Lead
• Take an active role in Continuous Improvement, identify and drive improvement initiatives in line with Laboratory CI Team.
• Contribute to IND, IMPD, BLA, and other regulatory filings.
Education & Experience
• A BSc, MSc or PhD in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a related scientific field.
• Customer focus and result driven.
• Analytical skills required to troubleshoot laboratory issues.
• Efficient and flexible.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to work well within team structures and provide leadership as required.