Automation Team Leader
Life Science Recruitment are sourcing a Senior Control Systems Engineer based in Sligo. The ideal candidate will have minimum NFQ Level 9 Masters Degree OR Post Graduate Diploma in a relevant technical discipline with 6+ years’ experience OR BSc with 8 years’ experience in leading automation project initiatives & teams in demanding environments.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Manage, lead and motivate a multi-skilled Automation Team in an empowered team-based environment, ensuring full engagement of team members.
• Work in close collaboration with the Automation & IT Manager to develop and maintain the site automation strategy including its key site metrics and action plans.
• Develop and maintain site automation systems and procedures to maximise production, minimise cost and meet quality for the site.
• Develop process automation software modules that fit the site process / batch manufacturing and minimise validation.
• Ensure automation plant support service is structured and operated to ensure smooth plant operations.
• Closely manage the interface with Manufacturing / Technical Operations including automation effect on plant / process performance, change control handoffs and project planning.
• Provide automation support to project management and computer systems validation.
• Develop and maintain a “road map” for system development ensuring integration with plant / process innovations.
• Develop and maintain SOPs for operation, maintenance, security, back-ups and disaster recovery to cover all systems listed in site inventory.
• Ensure that the team is up to date with relevant automation technologies, and that advantageous technological initiatives which are capable of either system performance improvements and / or process / plant innovation are included in the capital planning process (innovation planning).
• Co-ordinate the activities of software and automation engineers, providing prioritisation on projects/tasks and production support.
• Work with team to develop optimum solutions to process automation issues.
• Manage automation vendors and contractors including system support contracts and external access arrangements.
• Consolidate long term plans for control system maintenance and improvements.
• Manage validations and approve associated documentation and specifications.
• Lead team operational excellence activities to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
• Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
• Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
• Resolves project/system issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
• Responsible for delivering support to the business and achieving system metrics.
• Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques.
• Ensure the execution of control systems project activities as per site business needs and to meet clearly stated objectives.
• Promote a culture of achievement
• Participate in control system knowledge exchange with other AbbVie sites.
• Represent your function in audits by HPRA/FDA or Customers on Control Systems.
Skills & Qualifications
• MSc or Post Graduate Diploma in a relevant Technical discipline with 6 years plus experience OR BSc with 8 years plus experience of leading automation project, initiatives and teams in a high demanding environment
• 6 years plus experience in an automation engineering role, leading software development projects for PLC / DCS platforms for batch processing in a GMP pharmaceutical industry environment compliant with 21 CFR Part 11 / Annex 11 requirements.
• 6 years plus of experience of plant start-ups and/or new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities.
• Must be able to lead these activities in a start-up environment.
• Direct management experience required.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Simon Gillivan | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9258