Our client is a leading pharmaceutical sales & distribution organisation, based in Dublin. This role involves representing our client as a sales and business development professional with their Eyecare range of products within the following counties: Clare, Galway, Roscommon, Mayo, Leitrim, Sligo, Donegal. The successful person shall act as a point of contact on a local level for our clients customers in their varying roles in Hospitals, GP practices and opticians, and maximising service-orientated contact with these individuals to increase their usage of the products. This role involves the delivery of marketing and business objectives, maximising the return on resources employed, and operating within the defined practices, ethics, standards and processes of our client. BDMs work with some direction and supervision by management, but are able to plan and implement their own activities with limited assistance. They are competent in the variety of activities within the role and may have limited involvement in project work. They will have a complete understanding of the Product Portfolio to consistently and confidently work with customers.
• Responsible for the delivery of pre-set objectives on sales, activity and other metrics as defined by our client.
• To conduct sales calls with customers in specialised departments in hospitals and other health care institutions including GP practices and opticians.
• Conduct sales presentations to customers in a range of formats.
• To focus all activities and promotional spend on target customers as defined by our client.
• To use promotional materials in an appropriate fashion to support the selling messages for our client as set out in marketing plans.
• Represent our client in a professional manner at all times in line with the company standards.
• To address day-to-day issues such as establishing the cost-effectiveness of a meeting without the need for guidance.
• To liaise effectively with colleagues to maximise commercial effectiveness.
• Liaise effectively with relevant third-party stakeholders to maximise commercial effectiveness. This will involve joint action planning on a regular basis.
• Proactively seek to share best practice with colleagues both in the same area team, and nationally if appropriate, and to implement best practice on own territory.
• To take the lead on the above activities if working in partnership with colleagues as needed.
• Production of a territory action plan on an annual basis whilst receiving some guidance and direction from line manager and colleagues.
• To manage promotional budget effectively, and to maximise the return on investment by ensuring value for money.
• Respond to requests from both customers, and other employees promptly.
• Effectively plan activities in advance, and to supply field visit forms to the line manager.
• Monitor performance versus objectives at all times, and to update the line manager at an agreed frequency.
• Take the lead on the above activities when working with colleagues.
• Manage own time effectively and manage deadlines as appropriate without the need for management support.
• Conduct monthly analysis of sales and activity for the territory, including the interrogation of our clients system to plan effectively.
• Maintain and develop strong product and therapy area knowledge, for all of our clients promoted products and competitors at all times as well as having a detailed understanding of the marketing strategy for those promoted products.
• Have an input in the account planning process, and to then tailor all account plans in line with the account strategy adopted for each accounts.
• Takes personal responsibility for the development of a number of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the developing HSE. This would include knowledge of the names and positions of all the key individuals, a detailed knowledge of the HSE and Hospitals environment.
• Monitor the activities of competitors on territory and feedback on these to the line manager and marketing department on a regular basis.
• Monitor changes in HSE structure, personnel & policy and to feedback on these to the line manager and head office as appropriate.
• Proactively seek feedback from customers, colleagues and management on personal performance, and to act on development areas highlighted by their response.
• To continuously seek to improve personal skills, knowledge and competencies in order to improve performance.
• Maintains our clients System in a timely and accurate fashion and provide detailed information on account and customer activities and insights.
• To complete all company administration in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Degree (Science, Nursing or Business)
• An experienced hospital representative with at least 5 years relevant experience.
• Importantly, will have delivered a consistently high performance in this period both in terms of objectives and competencies.
• Full, clean drivers licence
• Strong user of the Microsoft Office software packages.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256