|Clinical Expert Devices||Germany||Not Disclosed|
Other Allied Healthcare Jobs
|Senior Flavourist (Savoury)||Kildare||Not Disclosed|
|QC Team Lead Pharma||Westmeath||Not Disclosed|
|Automation Team Leader||Sligo||€65000 - €70000|
Clinical Psychologist Career Profile
The clinical psychologist has a broad range of therapeutic and diagnostics functions within the healthcare system and works as a critical support function to the field of psychiatry
- To co-ordinate and monitor the caseload in order that service users and families receive optimum benefit from the psychological service.
- Undertake psychological assessments and carry out appropriate therapy for service users and those referred to the service.
- Oversee practice in respect of the behaviour support throughout the various service settings.
- Provide and co-ordinate training in positive behaviour management techniques and allied areas e.g. autism.
- Maintaining proper records of services provided, ensuring all service user assessments are filed appropriately in a manner compatible with the F.O.I. act.
- Initiate, implement and monitor programmes as appropriate to the professional standards of a psychologist. Monitor and assess the service users progress and make adjustments to programmes as necessary.
- Provide on-going support, information and assistance to employees in carrying out programmes with service users.
- Maintaining collaborative working relationships with psychology colleagues and other members of the team.
- Provide professional reports as necessary and co-operate in appropriate research projects approved by the Service.
- Maintain detailed statistical or other records relating to psychology. Furnish as requested reports or other statistical information.
- Maintain a high standard in relation to assessment, diagnostic, therapeutic and recording procedures.
- Work as part of the multi disciplinary team and participate in case conferences as requested.
- Participate in the supervision of basic grade psychologists, the training of psychology students and the behaviour support team as necessary.
- Monitoring and keeping up to date with new developments in the area of psychology.
- Degree in Psychology or Equivalent
- Member of the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI)
- Generally psychologists in healthcare system are expected to have 2-3 years clinical experience.