Our client, Irelands leading provider of innovate bespoke automation equipment to all areas of industry with extensive experience in medical device, food and beverage and pharmaceutical industry. They are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer with hands on industrial experience Electrical Design and programming. Additionally, the candidate must have a proven track record in a Manufacturing / Production or Process Engineering environment.
• Responsible for specification & design of Electrical & Controls systems for automated manufacturing equipment.
• Responsible for ensuring safety compliance in the area, and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of risk assessments.
• Essential experience required with PLC programmers, Motion Control, sensors, in-line vision systems, Barcode systems, Network topology, PC skills, PC application software, Systematic troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
• Programming of Allen-Bradley COntrollogix5000 and PLC5, ControlNet/DeviceNet, Visual Basic applications, Motion Control programing (Sercos, AB, Emerson, Lenze), Barcode systems (WelchAllyn, Microscan).
• Preparation and development of Electrical Design solutions.
• Liaison with customers providing detailed design reviews
• Liaison with Production, Design, and Purchasing department.
• Degree in Electronic/electrical engineering or electrical communications or similar
• 2-3 years experience in SCADA, Allen Bradley (Control Logix & PLC 5), Siemens or similar PLC programming and control.
• Highly desirable skills: Experience with programme of Allen-Bradley Controllogix5000 and PLC5, ControlNet/DeviceNet, Visual Basic applications, Motion Control programming (Sercos, AB, Emerson, Lenze), Barcode system (WelchAllyn, Microscan).
• Display working knowledge of SQL Server and UNIX consider an advantage
• Experience of Machine Vision Technology, pattern recognition or ability to acquire experience quickly
• Experience of High Volume manufacturing process acquired over 2-3 years.
• Ability to work as part of a factory critical team to resolve floor issues quickly
• Excellent customer relations, communications and interpersonal skills
• Experience using 2D/3D CAD skills – elect drafting/panel design
• Strong communication skills, creative and innovative to always be one step ahead
• Good negotiation and presentation skills
• Self-Motivated self started can be left to work on own devices
• Strong interpersonal skills and social competence, team player
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Oran McIvor | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9270