External Supply Operations Lead
Our client, a global biopharmaceutical organisation requires an Operations Lead to join their team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate ensure external suppliers are managed using best in class operating model practices.
• Lead complex global projects involving cross functional teams across the Specialty Brands Operations Business Units.
• Develop the organisations Standard Procedures and ensures they are implemented and maintained effectively as required. This will include the training of individuals and the periodic audit to ensure adherence.
• Acts as an expert in Contract Manufacturing and Supplier Relationship Management providing guidance and expertise to the Specialty Brands Operations Business Units as required
• Supports the development of the external supply strategy and provide support in the strategy execution activities taking the lead in certain activities. This will include supporting the development of a strategic roadmap.
• Recognises best practices within the organisation, in the Biopharma industry and across other industries in the scope of External Supply management.
• Drive CMO performance improvement through the implementation of standard metrics and leveraging the use of root cause analysis ensures effective performance improvement plans are in place and tracked to completion.
• Facilitates workshops and delivers training in order to ensure best practices are implemented sustainably.
• Lead the sustainable implementation of the Risk Management Process for external supply within the business units.
• Be a SME in external supply and contract manufacturing will provide support for Due Diligence and Business Integration activities.
• With the support of the Data Manager ensure that the metrics and routine dashboard are updated and communicated as required
• Science or Engineering degree required. Higher level qualification preferred. Qualification in management desired.
• At least 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry with strong technical knowledge and experience in managing contract manufacturers or external suppliers.
• Has worked extensively with external partnerships, built collaborations, determined best practice and proven identification of innovation.
• Experience in managing complex projects with significant business impact
• Demonstrated capability in implementing organizational change through influence where success is dependent upon excellent communication skills.
• Ability to interact with all levels in the organization, understanding processes in key functional areas including Supply Chain, Quality, Procurement and Regulatory.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to analyze complex situations quickly and develop action plans.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills with experience in delivering training and facilitating effective workshops.
• Excellent project management skills and computer fluency. Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Project, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Working knowledge of continuous improvement, utilizing such techniques as Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
• High sense of urgency, high-energy, comfortable with ambiguity and have a strong sense of accountability.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Sinead Cullen | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9252