Our client is an Irish owned Veterinary pharmaceutical organisation based in the West of Ireland. They are seeking a strong people manager with excellent top level account management experience to manage the daily running of a 6 people Sales team across Ireland & the UK. The primary focus of the role will be on achieving sales budgets, continuing to strategically develop our clients high preforming sales team and driving sales and margin growth in your area. This will require working closely with the Pet team in developing new business opportunities and customer relationships with specific Key account responsibilities in the Irish Market for Pet Accessories, CPML manufactured products and pet food categories. The successful person shall report directly to the Sales & Marketing Manager (Pet Division).
• Management of full Irish market Pet team of 6 sales area representatives;
• Weekly/ monthly sales budgets per Area Manager and full reports by area and customer
• Monthly meetings & training program per employee – 2 days per week in areas with a minimum of one day per month on journey with each sales representative with specific coaching & development program
• Journey Plans and updates
• New business opportunities and roll outs with specific focus on implementing a growth strategy for existing and new manufactured OTC products across all divisions of sale
• In store planogram compliance and review – Grocery and Hardware customers
• Human resource management for full sales team – expenditure, costings, annual leave etc.
• Sales force implementation
• Development of online ordering platform for area executives and customers
• Development of target and customer focussed telesales program
• New product introduction and activity planning/ monthly reporting
• Promotional campaign activities/ reporting, in line with monthly bonus offers
• Review of current merchandising route to market in conjunction with Sales Manger
• Introduction and activity planning development for current and New lines
• Monthly market review and analysis for new product or agency opportunities
• Monthly customer performance report in each area by customer / trends and action plan
• Monthly reports on above versus targets, supported by weekly meetings with Pet Sales Manager
National Account Management:
• Specific Key Account Management / support, with initial focus on our large National Accounts each with individual range and sales budget settings.
• National Account Meetings – 6 bimonthly meetings per annum with each of the large National Accounts with specific focus on
• Range performance review and refresh (per meeting review)
• Joint Business plans in conjunction with Pet Sales Manager for each National Account
• National Account Pricing and rebate / LTA management with Sales Manager
• New business opportunities
• Promotional activity plans and roll out/ review
• Margin reports on each National Account per month / per area representative
• Minutes for each customer meeting (prepared/ actioned/filed)
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a sales management role.
• A proven successful track record in Retail/Veterinary sales with a detailed knowledge of the grocery Pet market and competitors in Ireland.
• A full clean driving licence is essential.
• Candidates must be customer focused and hold excellent communication and personnel management skills
• Key Account and head office experience in similar role
• You must be self-motivated & energetic
• Possess excellent IT and administration and negotiation skills and the ability to work on one’s own initiative.
• Advanced level of Excel and Power point and good business acumen
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256