We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award-winning Medical Device organization based in Galway. This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
This exciting position as a Design and Development Engineer is in the Cardiac Ablation Solutions organization. Successful candidate will partner with engineers at various manufacturing sites to develop manufacturing processes for our newest RF Ablation catheter.
• Partner with process engineers to conduct designed experiments to develop robust manufacturing processes.
• Optimize equipment
• Execute IQ/OQ/PQ
• Conduct statistical analysis on process data
• Update manufacturing procedures
• Recommend optimal process settings to be used in production
• Develop tooling to be used in manufacturing
• Develop manufacturing procedures to be used at the manufacturing facilities
• Train assemblers on new manufacturing processes
• Collaborate on and/or author documents such as technical reports, PFMEAs and validation reports.
• Troubleshoot manufacturing issues that occur during product development cycle and provide technical solutions via analysis and hand-on interaction with designated processes.
• Collaborate with engineers at the manufacturing sites to implement manufacturing processes.
Education & Experience
• Third Level 8 Degree or higher in Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or related discipline and desirably with experience in a similar role.
• Minimum 2 years manufacturing, process development, or related experience
• Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment
• Working knowledge of Statistical Analysis tools
• Computer skills such as Word and Excel
• Knowledge of Quality systems
• Experience interpreting mechanical drawings
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
• Strong communication/collaboration skills
Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as laser welding, soldering, adhesive bonding, and assembly
Prior experience in the Medical Device Industry
Strong documentation skills