Our client is a global manufacturer of pharmaceutical products serving a variety of niche markets. They are a global leader in in the area of biologics and due to expansion they now require a Microbiology Manager to manage approx. 25 Microbiology Analysts.
The successful candidate will have previously managed a microbiological team of analysts, ideally within a Biologics Sterile environment in the Pharma industry.
• Manage and control the microbial testing of pharmaceutical products for release
• Ensure highest quality standards are maintained in areas of responsibility and that industry best practice is adopted in accordance with current GLP, GMP and regulatory body directives.
• Ensure all laboratory analysis is carried out in a safe, efficient and timely manner and ensure that systems and methods of analysis, sampling and testing are in place to allow for the generation of valid data.
• Ensure validity of all test methods in the laboratory are established and documented.
• Interact efficiently with other department managers/ directors.
• Plan and budget for future resources in the Microbiology Laboratory so that efficiency of performance can be maintained in a continuous and predictable manner.
• Manage and support the Microbiology Team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a science related discipline (preferably Microbiology/Pharmaceutical Sciences) and
• 5 years managerial/supervisory pharmaceutical industrial experience preferably within a microbiology department.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256