Policy & Patient Advocacy Manager (Oncology)
Our client is a leader in the biopharmaceutical sector with a strong presence in Ireland & commercial offices in Dublin. They are currently seeking a Policy & Patient Advocacy Manager to develop their policy strategies and advocacy campaigns in the area of Oncology. The role will support the business objectives of the Oncology Division by contributing their experience of shaping policy and implementing advocacy campaigns that optimize patient access by advancing standards of care. The manger will collaborate with multi-stakeholder groups, particularly patient advocacy groups and medical associations, to support them in influencing policy that will deliver improved standards of care to patients. In addition the manager will advise brand teams on emerging and existing healthcare policy and trends that effect patients and the business and use their knowledge of the political and healthcare environment to advise on strategy for the business.
• Analysis of the external environment and advising brand teams on emerging and existing healthcare policies & trends, how they affect the operating environment, and where opportunities & challenges lie in the oncology areas
• Develop strong relationships with the patient organizations who work in these areas and helping them build their advocacy & policy capability
• Understand the strategic direction of the advocacy groups and advise on alignment of our clients Brand strategies to meet the needs of the patients represented by the advocacy groups
• Collaborate and develop agreements with patient organisations on campaigns that improve the standard of care and ensure access to healthcare services and treatment
• Developing and implementing multi stakeholder programmes in conjunction with other members of the brand team where consensus is achieved on what is needed to improve patient care
• Building relationships with key decisions makers (political, policy, medical, patient groups) and forming coalitions to provide consultation to Government on key issues and priorities in immunology & oncology.
• Have a deep understanding of the disease areas from a policy and market access position being aware of the strategies and policy positions of global and European organizations. This would involve connecting to the Policy colleagues in Brussels
• Maintain a sharp understanding of business goals and strategies for our clients brands and working with the brand teams to develop programs that will help shape the policy environment related to these disease areas
• Educated to degree level.
• 5+ years’ experience in either policy and advocacy, patient advocacy, government affairs, public affairs or public policy in private or public sector (pharmaceutical or other pertinent health care industry is strongly desired but not essential.)
• High degree of strategic thinking, decision-making, and tactical skills to develop broad strategy and policy options and recommendations to address brand and patient issues.
• Strong skill in understanding the needs of patient advocate groups and the ability to identify appropriate activities to create interest, meet their needs, provide solutions while building trust and relationships.
• Well-developed networking and influencing abilities to leverage relationships within and outside of the business.
• Ability and confidence to interface well with and build relationships with senior health policy influencers (Politicians, Civil Servants, Patient Groups, Clinical Associations, Professional Representative Bodies, etc).
• Understanding of how public policy decisions are made and influenced
• Previous involvement and success in influencing policy and strong knowledge of the process.
• Proven experience of external representation and direct lobbying of high-level targets
• Ability to synthesise complex information into concise and compelling policy briefing notes and advocacy documents.
• Proven commercial acumen together with excellent negotiating and networking skills.
• Deep knowledge of national political and policy environment and public health policy.
• Understanding of funding and reimbursement systems desired
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Sinead Cullen | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9252