Our client is an exciting start-up in the cell engineering space. Their technology enables drug developers to manufacture engineered cells with minimal disruption to the cell.
The company are hiring a Principal Scientist / Head of Development to work alongside the Engineering Manager and Head of Research and will have the remit of bringing the technology to GMP standard while developing the technology.
Previous GMP experience is essential and prior experience working with cell banks is a huge advantage.
• Member of the Core and Local Leadership Team.
• Develop, lead and direct the Development functions during the transition to a more quality-focused environment.
• Higher degree in technical/scientific discipline such as biochemistry, chemistry, engineering, pharmacy, biotechnology or equivalent.
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in the biotechnology industry in cell and/or gene therapy clinical or technology development.
• Proven ability to lead a team of technology focused engineers and scientists.
• Experience of developing cell based quality control test methods
• Represent the company at collaborator meetings and during technical discussions.
• Capable of developing Project Development Plans and meeting tight deadlines.
• An ability to analytically review experimental results.
• An understanding of the appropriate GMP regulations required
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, good presentation, negotiations and influencing skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple, complex priorities.
• Well organized, team player, task oriented and keen on working in a quickly evolving working environment.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Brian Christensen | Tel: +353 (0) 1 685 4747