Process Chemist –Organic Chemistry Ph.D. Graduate
Our client is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company based in Sligo. They wish to hire a Process Chemist on a 2 year fixed term contract to join their Technical Operations Team. This role will provide technical support to all relevant functional areas from a chemistry perspective, and to develop new and innovative processes to deliver cost reductions. This opportunity is open to recent Ph.D. graduates of organic chemistry who show enthusiasm to start a career in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Provide technical support to all manufacturing and chemistry related activities in a cGMP environment. Tasks include trouble shooting, optimisation, cost reduction, training and coaching of technical personnel.
• Collaboration with R&D to support the development and the technology transfer of new drug candidates to commercial sites.
• Identification and laboratory development of continuous improvement projects. Work closely with all other key stakeholders to deliver these continuous improvement projects.
• Adheres to and supports all EHS & E standards, procedures and policies.
• Provides execution support for small scale GMP production.
• Preparation of feasibility studies and operating budgets for future product introductions.
Education & Experience:
• Ph D in Organic Chemistry with 1 years’ experience or M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry with 3 + years relevant industry experience in process chemistry (relevant experience of batch processing, automation, technical transfers, scale up, commissioning and validation) in a cGMP pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience in new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities is desirable
• Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements are required.
Clodagh Nerney | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9254