Process Engineer - Dublin
Process Engineer opportunity with a successful medical device company in South Dublin. You'll Manage a team of technicians across various shifts, and oversee injection molding activities.
• Member of the engineering group that provides engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment. The Shift Process Engineer is responsible for and involved in troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production equipment.
• Manage a team of 12 Shift Technicians across 2 shifts on a 12 hour 4 Day cycle
• Be an active member of the shift team to resolve EHS, Quality and Operational issues within the shift
• Manage a comprehensive Preventive and Corrective Maintenance programme in assembly and corrective maintenance in all other operational areas of the site and ensure that documents are audits ready to meet compliance and regulatory requirements
• Working with the Process Engineers, identify areas of problems/opportunities in existing equipment and detail possible improvements following up with production, tool room and outside resources as appropriate.
• Manage small improvement projects as required.
• Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives as appropriate – Kaizen, Lean, LDMS, Blitzes.
• May be required to act as back up user to the site computerised calibration tracking system.
• Work with direct reports to carry out risk assessments, behavioural based audits, close out near miss action items on a regular basis. Work with immediate manager to review machine spares and ensure that necessary spares and stock levels are set up in stores
• Identify development and training needs of direct reports and coordinate with immediate manager to prepare a comprehensive plan.
• Other duties as requested by the Maintenance Leader.
• Degree in Engineering, ideally Electrical, Mechanical or Production Engineering.
• Preferences will be given to candidates with Six Sigma Green or Black Belt qualifications.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role, with at least two years direct people management experience.
• Must be able to work and communicate in a cross functional environment
• Experience in applying a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximize productivity and yields
• Excellent communication skills
• Familiarity working in a regulated environment
• Previous experience in the use of Six Sigma statistical techniques would be an advantage
• Knowledge of PLCs, Vision Systems, High Speed Assembly and Packaging operation would be advantageous.
Kevin Silke | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079255