Summary:Supports the Process Sciences Department through small scale laboratory experiments, as well as analysis and troubleshooting of manufacturing bioprocesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs technical mammalian cell culture investigations in the laboratory and creates associated reports.
• Conducts scaled-down production procedures to improve the efficiency and yield of candidate or existing bioprocesses.
• Performs small scale mammalian media lot screening studies to ensure successful manufacturing runs.
• Assists in the analysis of samples generated from lab scale studies.
• Tabulates results and writes summary reports of process evaluation and validation studies.
• Maintains lab supplies and equipment.
• Develops and writes protocols for small-scale process validation studies.
• Carries out small-scale process validation studies.
• Develops and writes responses for technical sections of Regulatory documents.
• Produces and maintains accurate records.
• Presents findings at group and possibly at interdepartmental meetings.
Education and Experience:
• PhD in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or a related field with 0-2 years’ experience or MSc in Biotechnology, Biochemistry or a related field with 3+ year’s relevant experience; may consider another discipline with added relevant experience. cGMP experience is desirable.