At this company, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world's 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what's right, not what's easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products, to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here's how this role will help:
• Design and execute formulation development experiments (e.g. literature searches, reverse engineering, degradation kinetic studies, contact material compatibility and selection of packaging).
• Identify suitable manufacturing process parameters through use of Quality by Design experiments and principals.
• Perform Wet Chemistry testing for API, Excipients and Products under Development and Stability phases.
• Identify process unit operation parameters and performs scale up trials with tech transfer to production.
• Solve routine problems and develops solutions in more unusual situations with direction from line manager.
• Write reports and prepare documentation (Laboratory notebooks, SOPs, batch records, study protocols, Development Reports).
This company hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care.
Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a science related discipline (Preferably Chemistry or Biotechnology), with 2-4 years’ experience within a formulation role.
• Formulation development skills including understanding of solubility, degradation mechanisms and kinetics impacting shelf life. Physicochemical properties of molecule that can impact interactions with packaging, contact parts during manufacture.
• Basic understanding of different analytical methods used to characterize injectable dosage forms e.g. UV, HPLC.
• Knowledge of unit operations and process parameters used in sterile product manufacture. GLP and GMP awareness.
• Ability to problem solve applying scientific rationale to product development.
• Good communication skills (verbal & written) and a team player.
• Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading, and writing English is required.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, this may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Libby Ryan | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9254