Our client is a leading Food organisation globally. They are seeking an R&D Technologist for a strong meat Functional Systems team. The position will be responsible for the development of Functional Meat Systems (e.g Brines, Emulsifying systems, Moisture & Texture Control systems) Meat Seasonings, and Marinades, Rubs & Glazes for the Eastern European marketplace. Working in partnership with customers to develop innovative concepts as well as renovating current products. The R&D team collaborates with the regional Sales team, a global network of chefs, marketing and sensory experts to deliver products to market within launch timescales.
• Develop innovative solutions to help grow customer and our clients market within cost parameters, manufacturing capability whilst ensuring all new products are legal within country of use
• Create value added products with a point of difference from our competitors continuing to lead in the market through manufacture process and ingredient knowledge
• Project managing work load and reporting progress in a timely fashion, by attending meetings and supporting the R&D manager.
• Build relationships with key personnel within allocated accounts via visits, presentations and attending trials in customer factory when required
• Ensures that ingredient functionality will meet customer expectations. Oversees projects from customer or internal brief through to hand over to production at factory stage.
• Develops food system formulations and related applications stability performance through demonstrated understanding of food formulation and chemical interactions
• Provide our customers with the best available products through developing an understanding the market, manufacturing capabilities, ingredient restrictions etc.
• Working in partnership with customers and the cross functional team to deliver products from concept through to launch, in the time frames agreed with customers
• Coordinating launches of new products & running trials at Kerry manufacturing sites
• Reporting back on customer visits via business agreed tools
• Maintain awareness of developments across the business and building these into new developments providing USP’s for customers.
• Carry out competitor & product awareness analysis – including sensory product evaluations and carrying out own retail reviews as required.
• Adhere to department rules on hygiene and general housekeeping. Ensuring the work area is hygienic and fit for the development of food products
• Make use of experience around the Technical Centre & other sites where relevant to ensure best results are achieved.
• Undertake any training as agreed and directed by the Company.
• Limited travel within Europe may be required
• As a RD&A Technologist the role means plenty of customer contact, you will need to work well with a cross functional team and build strong relationships with customers, providing excellent service in terms of concept development, sample delivery, product presentations and process support.
• Work closely with Account Managers and fellow technologists to develop an understanding of the market and customer needs to develop market suitable product concepts within specific parameters identified by the customer.
• Ensure that products developed are cost competitive and commercially viable.
• Combine food values and science to create products aligned with Taste and Nutrition market positioning
• Provide updates to the R&D leadership team about the progress and current results of the research program to ensure the involved persons are up to date with projects.
• Ensure you are kept well-informed on the changes and developments related to Research & Development and that your knowledge is up-to-date within the context of new developments/legislation changes.
• Food Science Degree / Masters
• Minimum of 3 years working in a NPD environment (demonstrates creativity, practical skills & enjoyment of food)
• Previous experience within the meat or ingredients industry from either a competitor or a Customer. Specifically in Functional systems such as seasonings & functional ingredients
• Experience in FMCG business is desirable
• Commercial awareness of food manufacturing operations
• Laboratory, pilot plant and factory experience
• Knowledge of the Polish market
• Polish speaking would be an advantage
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256