Our client is seeking a highly skilled PhD Research Scientist to join their small molecule lab. This role has come about due to growth within the organization.
Conducts and provides technical guidance on scientific method development and validation projects and/or other specialty technologies studies OR performs troubleshooting for own and others instruments, methods, procedures, and in writing protocols and reports. Designs and executes method development/validation and/or extractable/leachable studies independently and interprets and reviews analytical data for self and others OR designs and executes multiple stability and inhalation procedures as well as assists others in performing routine maintenance and troubleshooting on multiple instruments (HPLC, GC, UPLC, ICP-MS, LC/MS, GC/MS etc.) and multiple detection techniques (UV, FL, CAD, ELSD, IC etc.), methods and procedures. Routinely acts as the technical project leader for multiple projects, provide updates, reviews and evaluates data, writes reports and protocols.
• Independently performs analytical method development/optimization/validation, and/or other specialty technologies studies OR method transfers for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds or equivalent levels of expertise and experience in mass spectrometetry or other related areas such as structural elucidation or extractable leachable testing in a variety of formulations and/or delivery systems. Designs and executes experiments independently for self and others.
• Writes, reviews and critiques study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents.
• Reviews, interprets and analyzes data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods and SOPs.
• Leads analytical (procedural and instrumental) troubleshooting sessions.
• Assists business development group in technical sales and marketing, and presents posters at technical conferences.
• Leads in preparation and implementation of SOPs and quality systems, as well as developing innovative technology and in evaluating and implementing new capabilities.
Education and Experience:
B.S./B.A. in Chemistry or related field with of 8 years’ experience in analytical testing laboratory.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Broad knowledge of protein and peptide chemistry, biochemistry, and practical experience in testing (ELISA, Gel Electrophoresis, Peptide Mapping, Amino Acid Analysis)
• Full understanding of laboratory requirements, SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
• Full theoretical and hands-on understanding and knowledge of general chemistry and separation science
• Full knowledge of technical operating systems
• Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
• Ability to independently perform root cause analysis for method investigations
• Proven ability in technical writing skills
• Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
• Effective written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
• Time management and project management skills
• Ability to mentor others on technical operating systems
• Ability to independently review and understand project proposals/plans
• Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
Contact Brian Christensen on 01 6854747 or submit your CV to email@example.com for immediate consideration
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Brian Christensen | Tel: +353 (0) 1 685 4747