Our client, a well-established Irish owned organisation, is a leading supplier of laboratory chemicals, standards, reagents, consumables, instrumentation and pumps in Ireland for research and development, life sciences, quality control, process measurement & environmental monitoring. They supply diverse sectors from biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical, research, dairy and food, chemical, electronics, to the oil, petroleum and quality testing industry. They are currently seeking an Equipment Sales Specialist within the Southern regions of Ireland.
• Reporting to Head of Sales the successful person shall be promoting and increasing the revenue of General Laboratory/Biotechnology/Food and Beverage Equipment Sales from an existing portfolio within the Southern region.
• Provide demonstrations, pricing and promotions of product portfolio to customers.
• Developing In-depth product and service knowledge of the laboratory equipment range.
• Provide customers with the relevant support.
• Develop and maintain new and existing customer relationships.
• Work closely with the Head of Sales, Area Business Managers, overall sales team and Product Management Team.
• To be up to date with all aspects of the position including product knowledge and market intelligence.
• To meet and exceed company targets.
• Maintaining and increasing sales and profit targets for our clients’ equipment products including equipment focus brands.
• Generate sales within the Southern region and reach the company's sales target.
• Identify new sales opportunities within the Southern region.
• Support and coordinate with the sales specialists, area business managers, technical services team and all staff members with information on equipment products.
• Working with Head of Sales and Product Management Team and provide product demonstrations and product promotions at customer’s site.
• Investigate and assess customer processes, expectations and equipment performance requirements and arrange quote/recommend as appropriate.
• Manage and solve equipment technical issues with clients.
• Continuously monitor the suitability, completeness and competitiveness of equipment product offering and report on such.
• Proactively monitor and report on competitor activity and customer offers.
• Represent company at industry events and road shows to promote products, develop new sales leads to new as well as existing customer contacts.
• Maintaining and expanding your customer base within the Southern region.
• Maintaining high service levels with existing customers.
• Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market.
• Tender management.
• Develop value added services.
• Reaching the targets and goals set for your area.
• Compiling and analysing sales figures.
• Collecting customer feedback and market research.
• Keeping up to date with products and participating in product training.
• Attend meetings as and when required. These may involve evenings and weekends.
• Educated to degree standard in a Science discipline or equivalent qualification.
• 5+ years in laboratory equipment sales or related.
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers.
• Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently,using initiative, and collaboratively within a team environment.
• Willingness to undertake training and continuing professional development.
• Proficiently in industry standard IT systems (Microsoft Office, Email, Internet, etc)
• Ability to cope with pressure, prioritise workload and to work to strict deadlines.
• Ability to develop and manage long as well as short sales cycle process.
• Ability to manage and facilitate meetings.
• Ability to form and maintain good working relationship.
• Proven ability in communication and negotiation.
• To be entrepreneurial.
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to our clients corporate values as they apply to your role and the work you do.
• Excellent organisational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Prepared to travel independently with occasional overnight stays.
• Knowledge of financial procedures (processing invoices, recording budget expenditure).
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256