Our client is a leading distributer of Life Science solutions to Healthcare, Academia & Industrial markets. They are currently seeking a Life Science Sales & Applications Specialist who will represent and sell products which are part of a diverse and extensive line of Life Science reagents, consumables and instrumentation. The successful candidate will manage and grow new business relationships within academic, biotech, food and pharma accounts. This includes working existing accounts as well as prospecting for new customers, qualifying leads and training customers after sales. Product lines include sample prep, gene transfer, electrophoresis, amplification reagents, chromatography, imaging systems and thermal cyclers.
The successful candidate will be an experienced technical sales person with knowledge of the proteomics, genomics and molecular biology technologies sold into the Industrial & Academic Research markets, in Ireland.
• Plan for, & achieve the sales growth projections for the company’s Life Science business.
• Promote the company, its products & activities at all levels within the marketplace.
• Liaise regularly with customer support, technical support and service engineers
• Maintain a high level of new & current customer activity through regular sales calls and road-show events.
• Provide information & quotes to customers and initiate product demonstrations
• Provide market & competitor information and customer feedback to Management
• Update customer database and site visit reports and prepare monthly reports for Management
• Attend sales meeting and represent the company at exhibitions
• Acquire and maintain product and technical knowledge through product training
• Develop the territory by effective planning and management of the business in line with agreed strategy
Qualifications and experience:
• BSc in a Life Science discipline
• MSc/PhD would be beneficial
• Ideally three years’ experience selling in the Life Science laboratory market
• Laboratory skills including electrophoresis, blotting, low pressure chromatography, PCR & spectrophotometry
• Experience in the preparation and compilation of tenders would be beneficial
• Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team environment where strong flexibility, time management & prioritisation skills will be key
• Ability to use own initiative and show discretion
• Flexible approach to working hours during busy periods
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256