Senior Application Technologist (Bakery)
An opening has arisen with our client, a multinational Food and Nutrition leader, for a Senior Application Technologist with a specialised knowledge of baked food and associated ingredients. The successful candidate will be the customer needs expert and will play a proactive role in the growth of both business relationships and company profit development via linking consumer and customer insights using application solutions.
• Lead the proactive development of integrated solutions which support the overall sustainable growth and profit development of the business within the market
• Be the “go–to” expert on customer needs in relation to finished products and processes and provide expertise in the application of technologies into customer products
• Work closely with the commercial team and support priority business initiatives to help deliver growth in key industrial accounts by translating technology capability into industrial sales.
• Responsible for linking consumer and customer insights into application solutions
• Execute the agreed value proposition with growth and potential growth customers including training own market, commercial and product technology teams as necessary.
• Optimise existing technology into existing applications
• Identify opportunities to extend the existing technologies into new applications
• Identify and create solutions that lead to multiple technology sales
• Identify and assess new technologies applicable in existing applications
• Support both internal and external PIP
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related technical
• Significant experience in Bakery Application, Research & Development or New Product Development roles
• Significant experience (minimum 3-4 +) in industrial bakery manufacturing/processing
• Good knowledge of associated product categories such as process aids and functional ingredients (e.g. enzymes, emulsifiers)
• Good business and commercial understanding
• Strong customer interaction and support skills
• Ability to interface with other business functions, especially sales, R&D technologists, and senior management level within the business.
• Competent in IT applications relevant to role
• Ability to independently plan and execute technical work programmes to deliver agreed strategic business plans and solutions
If you would like further Information you can contact me directly:
Johanna Bannon | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9254