We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award-winning Pharmaceutical organization based in Dublin This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
This role will be responsible for leading, coordinating, facilitating, and undertaking activities pertaining to lab operations and compliance, with minimal supervision, acting as a role model for other lab colleagues.
The role undertakes implementing continuous improvement projects and supporting a lean culture and Right First Time (RFT). The role also represents the QC unit by liaising with internal and external customers.
Additionally, the role may involve carrying out additional work functions that are not described in this specification but are associated with their role.
• Experience in a wide variety of analytical techniques including but not limited to cell based- Bioassays, Immunoassays, Cell Culture (use of cells to execute bioassays) and Aseptic Technique. Experience with liquid-handling robots is also preferable.
• Plan and perform multiple, complex routine/ non-routine methods and procedures and a large variety of assays.
• Participate in the peer review of analytical data.
• Responsible for providing technical guidance and applying expertise and critical thinking to help to resolve technical issues.
• Lead training of staff on technical aspects of job as required.
• Develop, revise and implement procedures that comply with appropriate regulatory requirements.
• Qualification of analytical equipment and related testing functions.
• Participate in Analytical Method Transfers
• Compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and Registered specifications.
• Ensure the laboratory is operated in a safe manner
• Maintain quality systems within the QC laboratories to ensure ongoing compliance to cGLP and cGMP.
• Ensure timely completion of Laboratory Investigation Reports and deviations through the Non-Conformance procedures.
• Participate in the generation and update of SOP’s, trend data, investigations, non-conformances, validation protocols, reports, method validation/verifications and equipment qualifications.
• Participate in regulatory agency inspections as required.
• Plan and implement procedures and systems to maximise operating efficiency.
• Manage and contribute to the achievements of department productivity and quality goals.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge or the equivalent.
Education & Experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with TrackWise, Change Control Systems, EDMQ and SAP an advantage
• Knowledge of applicable Regulatory requirements
• Experience with Regulatory inspections and interaction with inspectors is preferable
• Experience leading cross-functional teams
• Experience working with teams and influencing decision.
• Skilled in the use of problem solving tools/techniques
• Hold a third level qualification (Degree) in Biology, Biotechnology or related discipline.
• Have 4-5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical/healthcare Laboratory.
• Experience in Bioassays, Immunoassays and Cell Culture is essential.
• Possess key competencies to include planning/organisation, problem solving, communication, teamwork, flexibility, coaching and motivating.