Senior Flavourist (Savoury)
Our client are a multinational global leader in the Food, Nutrition and Flavours industry and they are currently seeking a driven and dynamic Senior Flavourist to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background in Food chemistry or similar discipline coupled with 7-8 years’+ experience in a Flavourist or related type position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of and make a difference to a team which are under exponential growth and global expansion at the moment.
• Work with applications teams to test flavours in application and to understand improvements that can be made
• Development of flavours to meet customer requirements
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of aroma chemical raw materials and have the ability to identify these via aroma and taste.
• Work with suppliers to develop / introduce new innovative materials
• Read & interpret analytical & sensorial data & results in order to formulate flavours
• Understand industrial processing and their effect on finished product taste and how to formulate flavours to overcome these processes
• Mentor junior team members on all aspects of flavour development
• Develop relationships with flavourists in other business sites & regions to share knowledge & expertise and to expand the scientific understanding of flavour chemistry
• Maintain awareness of competitors, the market, local regulations and consumer trends
• Development of flavours with a holistic approach – ie use of aroma chemicals, complex reaction and basic culinary ingredients as required.
Education & Experience:
• MSc or preferably a PhD in Food chemistry or related discipline
• Ideally 8+ years’ experience in a flavourist role, with a proven track record of successful flavour development & launching
• Inquisitive & problem solving nature
• Willing to travel across Europe & globally as required
If you would like further Information you can contact me directly:
Johanna Bannon | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9254