Our client is an international medical diagnostics company, offering extensive laboratory medicine/pathology and radiology services to the medical community. They are seeking an experienced Multi-Disciplinary Senior Medical Scientist is to assist with the provision of a quality laboratory service in line with ISO 15189:2012 standards. As a key member of the Pathology Laboratory team, the Senior Medical Scientist will demonstrate professional competence, team-working skills and facilitate effective communication with colleagues in the organisation. The position requires a participatory approach, embracing continuous quality improvement and the management of changes necessary to achieve organisational objectives. The role is multi-disciplinary in relation to Biochemistry, Haematology and Serology. Full procedural training will be provided.
• Perform automated Haematology and manual differential analysis
• Perform automated Clinical Chemistry analysis
• Perform/monitor Haematology and Clinical Chemistry quality assurance program.
• Perform automated Serology analysis
• Perform/monitor Serology quality assurance program.
• Assist in reagent and general stock control related to the AutoLab area.
• Be aware of current advances and appraise new techniques.
• Evaluate results and communicate with the Laboratory Management, Consultant Pathologist and/or the requesting clinician any relevant information regarding patient safety.
• Carry out clerical and technical tasks in accordance with sample handling procedures.
• Manage all auxiliary functions as assigned by the Laboratory Management.
• Guidance and supervision of junior and student medical scientists.
• Knowledge of ISO 15189:2012 requirements and INAB Regulations.
• Provision of training for all student medical scientists and auxiliary laboratory personnel.
• Archive slide and results in accordance with relevant procedures.
• Participation in relevant internal and external training and proficiency programs.
• Participation in continuing education and feedback sessions.
• Clean and maintain equipment to achieve the optimum instrument performance and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
• Perform annual review of all direct reports.
• Provide input to maintaining policies and procedures, review and update as required.
• Comply with Health and Safety legislation and be aware of the responsibilities of the employee in this context.
• All other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Essential requirements for the ideal candidate:
• MSc in Medical Laboratory-related discipline
• Current registration with Academy of Medical Laboratory Science.
• At least 2 years in a similar role
• Good organization skills, Ability to work in a team, Ability to handle confidential material, Ability to work on own initiative, Customer Service oriented, Ability to work under pressure, Efficient and well organized.
• This is a full-time permanent position with normal working hours will be 37.5 hours per week.
• You will be required to work the agreed roster/on call arrangements advised to you by your line manager
• Your contracted hours of work are liable to change between the hours of 7.00am – 8.00pm
Monday – Friday, and 9am-1am on Saturdays.
• The additional on call service is a 24 hr service 7 days a week which carries an additional