Our client is recognised at the forefront of medical device design globally. They are looking for a Senior Process Development Engineer to join their Design Services team at their headquarters in Galway, Ireland. The role will involve leading the development of new manufacturing technologies in both design services product design and manufacturing. It will additionally involve working with the product development teams during developed phase of projects, and the product transfer teams during product commercialisation.
• Working as part of the project team, leading the process development.
• Developing and installing new manufacturing and processing technologies to support product development and product transfers.
• Appling new technologies and methodologies to optimise processing design & performance.
• Establishing processes based on product specifications in line with Unit Cost metrics.
• Evaluating processes and design alternatives based on Design for Manufacturing principles.
• Understanding principles of lean manufacturing, problem-solving, DOE.
• Completing process validation for new processes and products, including IQ, OQ, PQ & PPQ.
• Working with external vendors to specify, develop and commission new process technologies.
• Responsible for the setting up of new manufacturing equipment/production lines including the selection and training of process technicians and product builders, as required.
• Must display an understanding and responsibility of work environmental issues, including H&S activities associated with new process development.
• Development of manufacturing processes from prototyping to full-scale production.
• The manufacturing and testing of prototypes.
• Designing/sourcing equipment and tooling required meeting both the capability & capacity requirements.
• Generating work plans & schedules for development activity and execute to plan.
• Engineering degree or equivalent required.
• 5+ years’ experience within manufacturing process design and optimisation within a highly regulated environment.
• Industry experience within Medical Device sector is considered an advantage.
• Demonstrate the proven ability to conceptualise and deliver automated solutions.
• Experience using Six Sigma methodology for process improvement (e.g DMAIC) and problem solving (e.g. 6-setp approach).
• Experience in statistical analysis and use of Minitab.
• Experience with manufacturing process design and optimisation.
• Display a strong mechanical background with a good working knowledge of metals & plastics processing a distinct advantage.
• Must display high levels of innovation, motivation and organisation.
• Excellent communication skills.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Oran McIvor | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9270