This is a 12 month hourly-paid contractor position with our Limerick based medical device client.Superb rates available.
Provide leading role in project delivery of Raw Materials related projects as part of the cluster Materials Development team. The Materials Engineer (Raw Materials) will be responsible for leading and delivering projects as part of strategic technology Virtual teams. Apply Engineering and Materials knowledge to relevant manufacturing processes both external and internal to optimise end to end manufacturing process. Collaborating with Source, Procurement, R&D, Engineering and Operations functions, the position will be responsible for identifying and leading materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum manufacturing process in terms of Quality, Service and COGS.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ownership for projects in the area Materials Development
• High level understanding of Materials manufacturing processes
• Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
• Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
• Responsible for the identification, valuation, planning, organizing, execution, and coordination of quality, deliver and value improvement projects at key, strategic metals suppliers.
• Implement of cost effective manufacturing solutions to drive end to end manufacturing efficiencies in partnership with Source and strategic suppliers
• Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
• Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
• Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
• Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
• Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
• Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
• Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
• Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
• Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
• SME for Materials related manufacturing process
• Development of advanced materials related manufacturing processes from end to end within the supply chain, including raw materials, process design and optimisation
• Support the development of capital business cases for new process development projects
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• BSc in Materials Science or Engineering.
• 4-6 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
• Project management experience
• Ph.D. or MSc qualificationin Material Sciences or similar
• Materials characterisation – advanced analytical techniques
• Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
• Surface Science Characterization Expertise (XRD, SEM, EDX etc)
Contact Brian Christensen on 01 6854747 or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Brian Christensen | Tel: +353 (0) 1 685 4747