Our client, an official standards body, which is leading the improvement of business and the protection of consumers through the setting of standards and issuing of certification in the quality and safety of goods and services in Ireland, they are searching for a Standards Officer (Electro-Technical). The successful candidate will be responsible for the company’s contribution to national and international standardisation activities. Additionally, the candidate will have a key role, working with stakeholders, managing the transition, implementing new structures and providing technical secretariat support for committees drafting national deliverables.
• Developing sectoral knowledge, and knowledge of related Irish/EU Regulations etc.;
• Assisting in developing and delivering sectoral plans and annual work programmes through consultative, consensus building processes and in accordance with relevant procedures.
• Providing Technical Secretariats to assigned national/international committees
• Developing standards deliverables
• Developing stakeholders participation in related standardisation projects, deliverables
• Representing the company at national/international standard development and related for a
• Assisting in preparation and delivery of promotional/training/networking activities
• Communicating effectively with stakeholders through appropriate media;
• Providing technical support to regulator on standardisation related issues
• Managing and reporting on funding arrangements where required
• Respond to technical queries
• Assisting with establishment and implementation of MoU’s where appropriate
• Engaging with peers, management and other Divisions to contribute and deliver in regards to company’s strategy
• Representing in a professional manner and upholding company’s vision and mission.
• Take on additional duties or projects deemed necessary by management
• Degree technical/engineer discipline
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related technical role
• Proven use and application of related technical standards/regulations
• Evidence of continuing professional development in related areas, for example, ICT, Project Management, Law, Business etc.
• Experience of network building/network support/engagement
• Standardisation and interrelationship regulation, industry development etc.
• Ability to full understand, analyse and communicate around the related standardisation subject matter.
• Administration, organisational ICT and data analysis skills.
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally or in writing
• Ability to contribute in a productive team environment
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Oran McIvor | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9270