Our client is a leading Irish Healthcare Medical Device distribution company. They are involved in the sales, marketing and distribution of innovative medical devices from leading multinational companies. They are currently seeking an Area Manager for their Surgical Division who will focus on sales of operating theatre supplies, laparoscopic equipment and urology products in the North Dublin, North Leinster & midlands territory. This is a 10-month Fixed Term Maternity leave contract. The principle responsibility of the Surgical Area Manager will be to provide an interface with key target customers specifically in the area of Surgical products. The territory involved would include Large Hospitals in North Dublin, North Leinster and the Midlands. The ideal candidate will be based in Leinster. This is a temporary role for the purpose of providing cover for a maternity leave.
• A sales role and involves presenting, demonstrating & securing orders.
• Working on own initiative to see opportunities & convert them to sales is essential.
• Developing relationships with key customers into lasting business partnerships.
• Achievement of sales plans on a quarterly & annual basis.
• Assist customers with clinical, technical and commercial enquiries.
• Business planning and implementation throughout area of responsibility.
• Development of new business opportunities and determination of new client & market potential.
• Systematic collection, presentation and interpretation of market & competitor information.
• Provide feedback on customers, promotional programs and environmental changes and provide ideas to improve product and company performance in the market place.
• Implementation of new product launches and other corporate activities within area of responsibility.
• Attendance at relevant conferences and meetings
• 3+ years’ medical sales experience in a hospital environment.
• A clinical background would also be an advantage
• Be comfortable working in operating theatres.
• Be target driven and have the ability to close sales.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills are a pre-requisite for this role as is a high reliance on personal drive and initiative.
• The ideal candidate will be commercially aware and have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build & maintain strong customer relationships.
• Have the necessary education and practical experience to deal with the complex medical device technologies in a clinical background.
• Proficiency with all general business computer tools & applications is essential.
• Full drivers’ License.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256