Our client is a UK based organisation with an award-winning business in diagnostics, employing over 1700 people worldwide. They have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Sales Representative who will be based in Ireland. They have been developing and supplying diagnostic kits and expert services to determine the quality and safety of food and agricultural products since 1998. With wide ranging expertise, our client offers on-site diagnostic kits and laboratory testing services to ensure food safety throughout the entire supply chain, from farm to fork.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Divisional Sales Manager for the UK & Ireland the successful person will assume responsibility for management and business growth in the Ireland territory of food safety products.
• Develop and generate sales to meet or exceed budget sales revenues for products. Help devise and implement a business plan for this territory based upon business requirements for that territory
• Communicate with existing customers on a consistent basis to monitor customer satisfaction. Make prospecting calls and visits to inform potential customers of our clients outlining the products and service it offers.
• Have an excellent understanding of the products supplied and the national requirements. Ability to run and demonstrate all test kits in front of potential customers. Act as first point of contact in efforts to solve technical customer issues, liaising with divisional manager and technical support teams where appropriate.
• Where required, be actively involved in the development of marketing plans and strategies to penetrate new markets and increase growth and profitability in the designated territory.
• Attend and analyse industry trade shows and meetings to promote products and services.
• Assist in completing and maintaining competitive analysis.
• Assist in the development and translation of sales material where appropriate.
• Provide a monthly written report on the situation and developments in that territory and other reports when required.
• Prepare, develop and maintain a database of customers and potential clients.
• Previous sales experience in technical sales/or food related sales
• Life Science, food related or other technical degree desirable
• Hold a current clean driving licence & flexible to travel within UK
• Excellent communication (Verbal & Written) skills
• Highly motivated, driven individual
• Excellent organisation skills
• Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256