We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award-winning pharmaceutical organization based in Cork. This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Scientist to join our BioTherapeutics Development & Supply (BTD&S) API team in Cork. This role will support execution of development studies and Advanced Process Control (APC) projects through provision of analytical testing (HPLC/UPLC). This will involve implementation of new assays, test execution, analysis, reporting of results and routine instrument maintenance. The successful candidate will function as the BTDS Lab HPLC/UPLC subject matter expert (SME) and will be responsible for maintaining associated procedures and provision of training to other BTDS lab personnel. This role will also include opportunities to support scoping of potential APC/advanced analytics studies involving application multivariate analysis techniques focusing on process optimization opportunities.
Education & Experience
• Strong scientific background including experience of analytical testing using HPLC/UPLC
• Excellent collaboration & communication skills, both written and oral.
• Experience of root cause problem solving and process optimization skills.
• Excellent team player with strong customer focus.
• Operation and maintenance of Analytical Lab equipment (e.g. HPLC, UPLC)
• Introduction/Transfer of new HPLC/UPLC tests methods to the BTDS Lab
• Execution & analysis of HPLC/UPLC runs supporting investigations, development studies and Advanced Process Control (APC) Programs
• Support advanced analytics programs such as multivariate analysis and Advanced Process Control (APC)
• Supporting early and late phase Technical Transfer and product development activities through generation of protocols/reports, technical writing, and execution of laboratory scale studies
• Participating in cross-functional project teams.
• Assisting in investigations as required, in particular event, deviations and CAPAs, to help meet product release specifications and timelines.
• Fostering a culture of Lean and Continuous improvement within the department and with internal and external partners.
To be part of this high performing team you will have:
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy or related scientific field is required
• Experience within a regulated biologics or pharma industry is preferred
• Experience in Analytical Techniques (UPLC, HPLC)
• Excellent communication, skills, both oral and written.
• Capable of planning and executing experiments or projects steps with some supervision.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, strong collaboration skills and flexibility.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in project priorities and requirements.
• Acute attention to detail
• A focus on patients and customers at all times