Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work with large and small molecules, including active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), drug products, inhaled products and other medical devices.
Due to further expansion of our site in Athlone, Ireland across 2018, we have a new opening for a Technical Specialist (known locally as an Associate Research Scientist) in one of our laboratory groups who work with multiple pharmaceutical products and formulations including tablets and capsules.
About the Technical Specialist/Associate Research Scientist position
This role is a senior level Technical Specialist role. The role of the ARS is to act as a Subject matter expert, lead scientific projects and provide full analytical testing support in accordance with GMP practices, including analytical method development and validation. This is an exciting opportunity to join a Lab that focuses on method development and validation, stability and quality control testing for all phases of drug development.
• Co-ordinate all aspects of managing method development and validation
• Supervise and assist senior technical staff in laboratory operations
• Interface with clients on scientific issues, study design and project technical requirements
• Plan, direct and implement improvements in systems and processes in order to enhance efficiency and quality
• Assist with strategic planning, business development and new technology implementation
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will possess a Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry. Significant industry experience within an analytical testing laboratory and GMP environment is essential, as well as solid scientific supervisory experience in the pharmaceutical or analytical contract laboratory industry (to include R&D project and program management, direct supervision of technical staff, and direction of laboratory operations).
This person should be an SME with LC-MS/GC-MS.
Other requirements also include:
• Expertise in GMP regulated environment in the areas of analytical method development and validation for trace level analysis and for a variety of dosage forms, using a variety of instrumentation which may include the following: GC, HPLC, IC, AA, ICP and other applicable analytical instruments.
• Knowledge with GC/MS and LC/MS/ instrumentation detection techniques for the purposes of impurity structural elucidation / unknown identification and quantitative assays for impurities in pharmaceutical products.
• Excellent analytical expertise in method development and validation
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong mentoring and training skills
• Ability to build and develop client relationships
• Understanding of budgeting and revenue projection
• Ability to plan, organize and work to deadlines
The successful candidate can look forward to job stability with a leading CRO that has experienced year-on-year growth. With future expansion plans, there is the opportunity to progress in your career with this company. We offer a generous salary, medical insurance, pension, life insurance and relocation assistance to those qualified candidates based outside of the Republic of Ireland.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Libby Ryan | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9254