Our client is a leading distributor of specialty products and services for the Clinical Diagnostic, Biotechnology and Healthcare markets in Ireland and the UK. Their Head office is based in Co. Tipperary. They focus on value-added complete distribution solutions in highly specialized market segments & have developed very close relationships with their customers, suppliers, and health authorities alike. The Company has built a broad specialized commercial base which has continued to drive its growth. They have extensive plans for growth, including the continued expansion of existing specialty product portfolios, as well as the introduction of new products and segments.
This role is within the Biotechnology division focuses on Quality Control and Assurance products used in the Pharmaceutical, Dairy, Food & Contract Laboratory industries and supplies specialty quality control products for rapid microbial testing & microbial identification equipment and services. Reporting to the Divisional Manager (Biotechnology), the Territory Manager will manage the Island of Ireland as their territory.
The Biotechnologies Division is a leading supplier of rapid technology solutions for raw materials, finished product and environmental monitoring within Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, Dairy and Drinking Water Sectors. With the rapid expansion of sterile pharmaceutical manufacturers in Ireland, they see significant opportunities for growth through both their established brands and some exciting new technologies which they have recently added to their portfolio.
They are seeking an experienced highly driven sales professional who thrives on consistent delivery of outstanding business results. These results are achieved by combining great interpersonal skills, excellent selling skills with a real desire to deliver outstanding customer service. The successful candidate will have the necessary technical understanding and will be able to use that expertise to add value for the customer and create further business opportunities. Our client has a broad product range of products and there will be significant opportunity to expand into new accounts hence the successful candidate will be required to possess very strong business development skills and the ability to generate business leads off their own initiative. The successful candidate will be a committed team player who works well as part of a cross functional team who work together to deliver the highest levels of customer service. The candidate must be willing to travel extensively for this role within their territory and occasionally travel abroad to supplier training events.
• To prioritise, plan and execute sales activities so as to deliver outstanding business results, this includes actively prospecting new business leads and optimal management of existing accounts.
• New business development is key so researching and targeting potential new customers via cold calling/web based prospecting is critical to developing new leads.
• Effective management of existing accounts by maintaining excellent customer relationships, adding value and seeking opportunities for further portfolio usage.
• Expertly demonstrate and present our clients products in a highly impactful manner ensuring customers fully appreciate the value of the portfolio.
• Works closely with the Divisional Manager to establish & review sales & business activity targets, conducts regular forecasts to ensure targets are met/exceeded in line with the company objectives.
• Develops well thought out Account & Territory Business Plans in line with company strategy and regularly reviews progress against those plans adjusting tactics as required to deliver outstanding results
• Develops necessary insight into customers’ needs and usage patterns and because of that ‘finger on the pulse’ view is able to react to any fluctuations and identify opportunities to upsell
• Ensures that agreed revenue and margin targets are achieved.
• To deliver an outstanding level of customer service and responds to all sales/ support enquiries in a timely and thorough manner.
• To provide exceptional front line technical support for existing customers and work closely with our customer service and technical teams to exceed customer expectations of our client.
• Ensure that all stages sales process including all relevant customer/account/quotation details are recorded in our clients CRM System (Salesforce)
• Identify potential new products to bring onto the Biotechnologies Division portfolio and analyse with the Divisional Sales Manager.
• Work cross functionally with other departments to ensure the best result for the customer namely, Marketing, Tech Op’s, Finance, Quality and Sales Order Processing
• Create and maintain effective working relationship with our suppliers and work with them to resolve any customer issues.
• Liaise with the SOP/Service Team to ensure smooth turnaround of Capital Sales and Installations (IQ/OQ).
• The role may require up to 2-3 nights a week staying away from home.
• Attend exhibitions, trade shows or workshops throughout the year.
• Attend key product & sales training courses
• Adhere to all company policies & procedures.
• Minimum of 2 years relevant commercial experience in sales or business development
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in Pharma / Life Sciences / Food & Water Safety, Lab environment.
• Qualified to a higher degree level in a scientific subject, ideally Microbiology, Chemistry, or Quality Assurance
• Proven track record in achieving sales and profitability targets with experience of capital selling from cold call lead generation through to close of sale. .
• Enthusiastic & dynamic, uses initiative to find solutions to deliver business growth
• Self-motivated, able to work alone with a clear focus on lead generation and revenue closure.
• Excellent prioritisation, planning and organisation skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Computer literate in Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet. Experience in a CRM Tool (e.g. Salesforce) an advantage
• Strong interpersonal skills and excellent face-to-face and telephone personality to engage recipient
Full Driving License
Willing to travel, mainly within the island of Ireland but occasionally abroad.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256