|LIMS Project Analyst||Dublin||Not Disclosed|
Other Connected Health Jobs
|Microbiology Manager||Republic of Ireland||Not Disclosed|
|Administration Support||Dublin North||Not Disclosed|
|Technical Hard Services Manager||Meath||Not Disclosed|
LIMS Analyst Career Profile
LIMS AnalystLIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems) is an electronic way of recording everything that happens in a lab. These solutions are often delivered by a consultancy company (to smaller companies) or by an in-house team (larger companies). Roles therefore vary between consultative roles with lots of Client relationship management to in-house positions which are very project focussed. These positions suit someone with a Scientific degree combined with a postgrad in IT being desirable. Other career avenues include moving into a LIMS project role from a Quality Control position, and becoming an expert in this niche area.
- Science or engineering degree.
- A proven background in the application of quality standards to software implementation.
- Experience of Requirements Analysis, Design, Project Management and Software Configuration.
Experience of LIMS or regulatory compliance in the pharma, clinical or healthcare industries.
Some further key skills/areas of experience desirable are:
- A broad knowledge of QA/QC laboratory procedures in R&D and Manufacturing environments.
- An aptitude for data-driven software product configuration.
- Good understanding of relational database theory & design (Oracle, SQL)
- A high standard of technical and procedural documentation.
- Systems analysis and design.
Structured procedural and Object Oriented Programming.