|Senior Social Work Practitioner||Republic of Ireland||Not Disclosed|
Other Allied Healthcare Jobs
|Medical Advisor (Medical Devices)||Limerick||Not Disclosed|
Medical Scientist Career Profile
Medical Scientists work within the medical laboratories within the healthcare system. They are divided into specific laboratories including Haematology, Blood Transfusion, Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology, Cytology, Immunology, Pathology and Virology. Medical Scientists must follow a specified education pathway (Degree in Medical Laboratory Science) and undertaking clinical placements in hospitals to attain membership (or eligibility) of the Academy of Medical Laboratory Science before they can work in the healthcare system.
Key Responsibilities of the Medical Scientist
- To write, maintain and enforce procedures relating to all areas of the clinical laboratory and its related testing equipment.
- To assist in training and leading a team of skilled staff and creating and promoting healthy working relationships.
- To assist in identifying and implementing operational procedures up to best practice, standard in order to optimise use of resources.
- To assist in the implementation of a quality management programme that is patient centred and which measures and audits performance and client satisfaction.
- Responsibilities will also include numerous aspects of service delivery, financial management of lab budgets, all areas of staff management and lab quality, health and safety, information technology and review of lab processes & objectives.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Possess the fellowship or be eligible for membership of the Academy of Medical Laboratory Science (FAMLS) or equivalent.
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Science