Other similar job titles you may be intertested in include:
There are no Open Vacancies that Match your Search
Please view a sample career profile in the box below
or click here to browse all open vacancies
Radiographer Career Profile
Overview of Position
- To perform a range of diagnostic radiographic procedures as required throughout the department, managing patient priority as appropriate.
- To undertake out of hours duties.
- To contribute effectively to the delivery of an effective and responsive Radiology service.
- To supervise, assist and train a range of student, qualified and assistant staff in both the delivery of the service and their individual development needs.
- To assist in and manage workflow and ensure all data inputs are recorded for both patient record integrity and statistical evaluation purposes.
- To demonstrate and encourage the highest professional and technical standards in all staff using personal example and constructive supervision.
- Demonstrate partnership in professional development issues maintaining a high level of technical and theoretical skills through personal CPD.
- To participate in the Governance of the Department in areas including Risk Management, Health and Safety, Research and Audit activities.
- To perform radiography duties appropriate to the office as may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
- To supervise the preparation and keeping of all necessary records and to furnish such reports as may be required.
- To organise the X-ray service in the area(s) to which he/she is assigned and supervise staff assigned to the area.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of operational policies, protocols and guidelines to international best practice and standards.
- To assist and take part in a continuing reject analysis and quality assurance programme.
- To actively participate in improvement and development of Radiography Services by liasing with relevant service users.
- Create a safe environment for staff and patients by ensuring that Health and Safety Regulations, Radiation Protection, Infection Control, and Hygiene policies are known and strictly adhered to.
- Be responsible for the cleaning and care of x-ray equipment and reporting of all faults to the Radiographer In Charge. Ensuring the department in general and your work area specifically is clean tidy and safe.
- Ensure that the Dignity at Work Policy is understood and promoted within the department and the hospital
- To relate to and communicate with all staff in a courteous and helpful manner at all times.
- To adhere to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures including the Sick Leave Policy.
- Foster teamwork within the department and hospital.
- Exercise control of supplies and equipment and consult with appropriate personnel regarding the proper care and maintenance of such supplies and equipment.
- To identify teaching/learning opportunities within the department.
- To maintain, update and develop knowledge on relevant professional development and on all speciality current trends.
- To participate in mandatory training programmes.
- To undertake developments in connection with new technology as required.
- To participate in the Emergency/On Call services, as required.
- To run the service effectively in the absence of the Clinical Specialist.
- Possess the Diploma of the College of Radiographers or Possess a B.Sc (Hons) in Radiography or Possess a qualification at least equivalent to the above
- Candidates must possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
- Be a member of the IIR and registered with the dept. of health and children as a radiographer.